Comprehensive / Strategic Planning
In Pennsylvania, Chapter 4 of the Public School Code requires all school district’s to complete specific comprehensive plans for different parts of the school system. The School Code also specifies the plan development process, required components, committee make-up, and timelines. District’s are required to use a state created planning portal that creates uniform plans across the Commonwealth.
The individual plans which together form the Comprehensive Plan are:
- Professional Education Plan (Every 3 Years)
- Special Education Plan (Every 3 Years)
- Teacher Induction Plan (Every 6 Years)
- Student Services Plan (Every 6 Years)
- Gifted Education Plan (Every 6 Years)
East Lycoming School District Comprehensive Plan
The Board of Directors approved the 2022 – 2025 Comprehensive Plan in November, 2022. This plan represents the collective efforts of multiple stakeholder committee’s that included members of the board, community, administration, faculty, staff, parents, and students. Collectively, the Comprehensive Plan is working to accomplish goals in four main areas:
- Transition elementary literacy to a phonics-based / science of reading program anchored in rich content to help students build reading skills and foundational knowledge
- Transition elementary math to current PA state math standards and the National Counsel of the Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) to help students learn to think mathematically
- Increase academic achievement at the secondary level through the use of Instructional Rounds
- Implement a Comprehensive School Based Mental Health (CSBMH) program to supports students, staff, and families
For complete plans, follow the links below.