Dear Volunteer Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer in our school district. State law requires you to provide certain clearances in order for you to be considered as a volunteer. New clearances must be obtained unless you can provide copies of the required clearances that are less than five years (60 months) old. The following requirements must be followed for consideration as a volunteer (uncompensated position).
Please go to www.eastlycoming.net website and click on “Volunteer Clearance Information” link. This link will take you to “how to videos” to apply for your clearances, the volunteer application, the residency affidavit and links to the appropriate sites to obtain your clearances.
- Step 1 – Complete and sign the volunteer application
- Step 2 – Current (within 5 years) Act 34 (State Police Criminal Record Check) – https://epatch.state.pa.us/
- Step 3 – Current (within 5 years) Act 151 (Child Abuse Record Check) – https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Step 4 – Act 114 (FBI Fingerprint) – affidavit signifying your residency in PA for more than 10 years and return to District, orcomplete online FBI Criminal Background check and have fingerprints taken at Cogent Fingerprint Center. The cost is $28.50 and will be covered by the district. If you are required to complete this process, you must contact the ELSD District Office at 570-584-2131 to make arrangements
- Step 5 – Act 24 (Arrest/Conviction Certification)
Please complete the above steps and return all paperwork to the East Lycoming District Office.
You may not begin volunteering until all forms are received and processed. Once all requirements are met, you will receive a “Volunteer Pass” that will need to be provided to the building secretary when entering to volunteer.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office.
Michael D. Pawlik