Parents and/or Guardians to setup and/or change transportation arrangements for your student(s) –
- Complete the Transportation Request Form below and return it to the school office.
Transportation Request Form
- Allow 3-5 business days from the date of submission for your request to be processed.
Contact Breanne Wentzel, Administrative Assistant, with immediate additions and/or changes at (570)584-2131 or email@example.com.
SAFETY TIP FOR DRIVERS
STOP for school buses with flashing red lights on school property. The fine for neglecting to stop is $300 + fine, license suspension and 5 points. Parents please teach your children these few simple rules about bus and walking safety:
- Use sidewalks wherever possible when walking to the bus stop or school.
- Always stop at the curb, or any driveway or alley which crosses a sidewalk.
- Look left-right-left to make sure the road is clear before you cross the street.
- Walk on the left facing traffic, if you must walk in the road.
- Always cross at the corner.
- On corner’s where pedestrian crossing signals are available, use as directed.
- Watch out for vehicles backing out of driveways and parking spaces.
- Be safe, be seen. Look the driver in the eye to know that he sees you.
- Where crossing guards are available, follow their signals and directions.
- Students must sit with heads above seats at all times. (No slouching or lying down)
- Stay in your seat. (No standing or turning around)
- Keep aisles clear of backpacks, legs, feet, etc.
- Keep head, hands and feet inside of the bus.
- Be courteous; no annoying or picking on other students.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink on the bus.
- Keep the bus clean; do not be destructive.
- Talk in a quiet manner with other bus students. Do not distract the driver.
- Cooperate with the driver.
- Use of electronic devices (cell phones, game and music devices, etc.) is at the discretion of the driver.
- Bus driver is authorized to assign seats.
- Allow extra time to walk to the bus stop; be prepared for the arrival of the bus 10 minutes prior to its normal pickup time.
- Wail until the bus comes to a complete stop before exiting.
- Never retrieve anything that falls under the bus.
- Wait for driver’s signal before crossing in front of the bus. Be sure to look left-right-left to make sure that all cars have stopped.