Volunteering at Renn
We are thankful for the volunteers who help with Renn’s many activities. If you are interested in volunteering at Renn, some opportunities are listed below.
All volunteers at Renn must have clearances to work with children. If you are interested in volunteering, please call the Renn office (584-3070) for information on required clearances. Volunteers may also be asked to attend a volunteer training if they are working with students.
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
The Renn PTO is always looking for help! The PTO organizes fundraisers, manages the book fair, and plans special events for the students. The PTO activities take place throughout the year, and occur during the school days and in the evening. If you are interested in joining the PTO, call the school for more information.
- Book Fairs: Volunteers needed to set up,pack up, and assist student (and parents during after school event) shoppers.
- School Picture Day: Help is needed to get classes to photographer, make sure hair is neat, and keep students inorder.
- Walk-a-thon: A lot of help is needed to set up, keep track of laps walked, at refreshment stands, and cleaning up.
- Christmas Shop: Volunteers needed to shop to stock the shop, set up, help the student shoppers, and pack up.
- Yearbook: Need volunteer photographers for each grade or class.
- Spring Fling: Donations of food and volunteers to help with games and activities.
- Student Appreciation Day: Help to setup and serve a picnic lunch for students and staff.
- Baked Goods: As needed for Teacher Appreciation, Student Appreciation and other special events.
Volunteers in the Renn library assist students in finding and checking out books and help the librarian return materials to the shelves. Help is need in the library most days from 7:45-8:15 and 2:45-3:15. Volunteers would be asked to commit to a regular schedule. If you are interested in helping in the Renn library, please contact Mrs. Shurer, Renn librarian.
Under a teacher’s supervision, volunteers play math games with students, listen to students read, read aloud to students, help students with computer tasks, and so on. Assistance could be given to the teacher with clerical duties (making copies, organizing materials, etc.) and instructional preparation (readying materials for science lessons, preparing bulletin boards, etc.) Volunteers would be asked to commit to a regular schedule during the school day. If you are interested in volunteering in the Read Naturally Lab, please contact your child’s teacher or the Renn office.
Under the supervision of the school secretary, volunteers could make copies, laminate items, prepare items for delivery to classroom, and help with school displays. If you are interested in helping with office work at Renn, contact the Mrs. Benedict, Renn secretary.
Landscaping volunteers could help maintain Renn’s flower beds. This help is needed in the fall and spring, and could be during the school day or in the evening. Maintenance work on Renn’s Nature Trail would also be appreciated. If you are interested in helping with landscaping at Renn, please contact the school office.