Joseph Ashkar 1929 graduate.
- Joined the HHS Faculty in 1936
- Started and coached the first Wrestling Team at HHS in 1947
- Served as Athletic Director, Student Council Advisor and Boys Sports Club Advisor
- Recognized for his Dedication to Education and Athletics
- Joseph C. Ashkar Elementary School named in his honor
Jim Starr 1938 graduate.
- Lettered 4 years in Basketball and Baseball at HHS
- Played Basketball on 3 West Branch Conference Championship Teams
- PIAA Basketball Official
- Played, coached, and umpired Baseball from 1935-1976
- Played Soccer 2 years
- Made significant contributions to keep Bodine Park in Hughesville
Beth Myers 1973 graduate.
- Joined the HHS Faculty in 1978 as a Science and Biology Teacher
- Girls’ and Boys’ Head Tennis Coach, 1978 to present
- Combined team record of 698-245 (74%)
- 18 League Championships, 11 District Team Titles, and 51 State Qualifiers
- Inducted into the West Branch Athletic Hall of Fame in 2006
- Instructed a Community Summer Tennis Program for 30 years and founded the Tri-Town Women’s and Men’s Tennis Leagues
- USPTA tennis teaching professional